Sunday, February 07, 2021

tell your friends that you're okay, you're never gonna see them anyway

It was apparently Super Bowl Sunday or something?

j/k, I kind of half watched the game, but it was not going in Kansas City's direction early and I didn't really care enough to pay attention. I guess I should be happy as an almost-forty-something that Tom Brady has demonstrated continued relevance, but as I'm not willing to do the TB12 diet or literally anything else that Tom Brady has done to make himself into a football automaton, I don't think he's actually much of an inspiration for me.

sssanyway. I was more productive than yesterday, but that was a v. low bar to meet. I did a couple of tings around the house this morning, made some coffee, showered, ate some yogurt, etc., and then had a chat with Veronica - we didn't write this time, but it was delightful to catch up. Then I ate some lunch and fortified myself to tackle the great outdoors. In this case, the great outdoors was approximately 3 degrees and snowing, which made it more grim than great. But I was determined to get my car cleared off and put into my parents' garage in case I need access to it this week - it's supposed to be in the negative temperatures every night this week, with more snow coming, which makes getting out tricky if your car isn't covered. So I defrosted, brushed, scraped, etc., and I managed not to freeze to death mostly because I have heavy ski mittens + a hat with ear flaps + was wearing one of my face masks to protect from frostbite instead of covid.

Later, after my parents were home from my dad's doctor's appointment, I drove into town to get some groceries - I waited for them to get back so that I wouldn't risk meeting them on the road, since meeting someone on the road right now is v. treacherous. The country roads haven't been bladed or plowed or any other kind of treatment in recent memory, and most of them just have tracks straight down the middle with treacherous drifts and ditches on either side. Luckily, I can drive four miles into town and four miles back without meeting anyone, which was the case today.

So I grabbed groceries, came home, and made two dinners: tater tot casserole for tonight, and chicken tortilla soup for future meals this weeks. Both turned out amazing, if I do say so myself - I think I have perfected my gluten free tater tot casserole, although this version could have used just a bit more salt. And while I didn't eat any soup tonight, I tasted it and I think it meets my standards.

And now, after having done some journaling and a few other tasks, I think it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: