Tuesday, February 09, 2021

you can look inside another world

Today was iffy, if I'm being honest. My dad had to go back into the hospital today due to ongoing issues with his infection, which is obviously not what any of us were hoping for (well, maybe the hospital was hoping for it for revenue reasons, but I can't think of anyone else who might have been rooting for this). Because of covid (aka destroyer of dreams) only one person a day can be with him, and so while my mom can spend as much time there as she wants (which is a good thing!), [censored] and I cannot avail ourselves of the dubious comforts of the hospital while he's there.

So, we said our farewells this morning and hopefully the new antibiotic gets some traction. After he left, I attempted to buckle down on work - that was not so successful early, but I did manage to get into some semblance of a groove this afternoon. I was done around 5:30, so I made black bean chili for dinner, and then went ahead and made a frittata so we'd have leftovers to eat for breakfast/lunch tomorrow. My mom came home sometime around 7:45, so she got some of the soup before [censored] and I ate it all, and she also got the pleasure of finishing the dishes when I accidentally grabbed the still-hot frittata pan (with the intent of washing it, not thinking about how recently it had come out of the oven) and burned the palm of my hand. Luckily the burn doesn't seem too bad - there might be one small blister, but it's not as bad as the time I burned a circle in my hand while doing a flaming shot in college, so I'll take it.

And now, I should probably sleep - it's hard to keep my head in the game when there are so many games I'm trying to keep my head in (family, writing, work, feeding people, health, etc), but sleep would undoubtedly help my energy. Goodnight!

No comments: