Thursday, February 25, 2021

are you fed up yet

I've been seriously unmotivated since coming back to Denver - or rather, the things I'm motivated to do are not the things I should be doing. I awoke this morning to a winter wonderland - 6-8" of snow, gleaming in the sunlight. The storm last night was over by the time I woke up, and the sun was shining almost all day - so while there is still plenty of snow to be found, it wasn't as dreary as some of the snow days I had in Iowa a couple of weeks ago.

I did have a decent morning - I ate oatmeal and did some writing, and I will most certainly take that. Then I worked all day, although I had a break for a call with Alyssa, which was great as always. I wrapped up around six (with a call with an aspiring writer at work, which I enjoyed) and then tried a new dinner recipe - I made chicken tinga tacos with a side of brussels sprouts, and they were delish. Basically, it just required pureeing tomatoes, chipotles, onions, and garlic in a blender, then browning some spice-rubbed chicken and finishing the chicken by simmering it in that sauce. They were delish and I'm excited to eat leftovers for the next couple of days - although I have some ambitious recipes planned to try this weekend, so we'll see if anything tops the tacos this weekend.

Then I cleaned up, messed around, and put a foot peel on my feet (perhaps a mistake, but my heels are cracking and I think I managed to keep the peel from touching my ankles, which was the mistake I made last time and resulted in feeling like I had burned skin that wasn't meant to be peeled). And now I am going to read or write or something and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: