Thursday, February 04, 2021

in the v.i.p. with the movie stars

Another day. Today wasn't too onerous from a meeting standpoint, but unfortunately they were pretty straight on from 10 to 2, which meant I got hangry somewhere in there (hangry enough that I ate a Kind bar in a meeting and told them that I had used the company's stock gain from yesterday to buy expensive snacks, which in retrospect is a joke that you really had to be there for). However, I didn't have as many meetings as yesterday, and I didn't get angry in any of them, so I will take the win however I can.

The rest of the day was uneventful, with the exception of it feeling like a shadow of ye olde prairie times - I walked out to the mailbox to get the mail and it was 18 degrees with major windchill + blowing/drifting snow, which felt a little dire. And [censored] and I caught a shrew in our hallway - well, [censored] caught it with a trap, but I was the one who came out of my room and was startled to see it. FYI, in this case a shrew is a small venomous mammal similar to a mouse, not a Shakespearean character meant to be tamed. We haven't seen a shrew in the house in several years, so I'm guessing it somehow got in to escape the cold, but I sincerely hope it's not a harbinger of things to come.

I also spent tonight enjoying some of my mom's delicious roast beef, watching Storage Wars (per their inflated valuations of things they find in storage, I think I'm sitting on a gold mine of discarded things in my basement), taking care of some personal business, etc. And now I should really sleep so I can make it through work tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: