Monday, February 15, 2021

my bunker underneath the surface

It is absolutely bonechillingly, dangerously cold in ye olde Iowa - I can't remember if it got above zero today, but it was certainly well below zero by tonight. It also started to snow again around 5pm, which was most unwelcome. And it's so cold that the heated water dish we keep outside for the cats (who have spent the last four days hanging out in their 'condo', which is full of straw and cats) can't entirely keep the water from freezing, so my only venture outside today was to break the ice that had formed around the rim and add fresh water. That three minutes outdoors was enough to convince me that any further time outdoors would be foolish at best.

The rest of my day was moderately relaxing - I had the day off, but I got up somewhat early and spent the morning / afternoon taking care of some personal tings (like starting the dreaded tax prep) and taking a nap. Then I made chicken and wild rice soup for dinner (which will also be dinner tomorrow), and I prepped mason jar cobb salads so I have lunch the rest of the week. [censored] headed back to his residence late this afternoon (where it is something like -22), and then my mom came home, so I still had someone to eat my tasty soup with. Luckily it sounds like my dad is doing okay, so hopefully that trend continues and he can come home later this week.

And now, I am rather desperate for sleep - goodnight!

No comments: