Friday, February 19, 2021

grey clouds roll over the hills

I have v. little to report today. I had a fairly productive day in front of my work computer - I had relatively few meetings, and I actually used my non-meeting time to get some stuff done rather than ignoring it and zoning out during my breaks as sometimes happens on Fridays. I also had a break to eat a cobb salad and talk to my mom - this may not seem very exciting, but as I'm going back to Denver on Sunday and will a) be able to order lunch (which is a plus) but then b) will eat it by myself (which is a minus), my lunch today was overall better than usual.

After I was done with work, I hung out a bit and watched some 'Tales of Wells Fargo' with my dad (a vintage western tv show that was basically propaganda for how great Wells Fargo was as a stagecoach / banking company back in the day, sometime before they started creating fake accounts to pad their books). Then I ordered Mexican food and drove into town to pick it up. While I can't get food delivered here, I'm delighted that the Mexican takeout is so delicious. When I got home, we ate supper, and I regaled my parents with what I know about Pompeii (much of which I knew before starting to read FOUR LOST CITIES, but I learned more tonight!).

Then I came downstairs, finished the section on Pompeii, started the section on Angkor Wat, and accidentally fell asleep. Then I spent some time ordering a new journal, since I'm about to finish the one I'm currently writing in. And now I need to sleep so I can start packing tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: