Saturday, March 06, 2021

everybody, everybody, let's get into it, get stupid

I'm thoroughly exhausted and falling asleep at ten p.m. It doesn't help that I haven't been sleeping well (quantity or quality) the last few weeks - and then staying up so late to read a book last night pretty much doomed me. I woke up this morning at my usual time, but that meant I'd only gotten five hours of sleep; I stayed in bed for awhile, but my sleep was fitful at best.

So, I am not ashamed to say that I took two naps today. I also went to the grocery store - it was a gorgeous day out, so it was nice to get out of the house with the windows rolled down. At some point this afternoon, I also took a walk around the neighborhood - tomorrow is looking equally pleasant and I hope I can take advantage of it.

My main activity was cooking some of what I bought - I was in the mood for something different, something I might have ordered at a restaurant, and so I made a roasted beet / goat cheese / radish / pistachio salad, and it was exactly what I was in the mood for. I roasted a whole chicken to go with it - oddly enough I have never roasted a whole chicken before despite my #quarantinechef prowess, but I used Ina Garten's method bc I find her to be v. trustworthy, and the chicken turned out as well as she had promised it to.

So, my dinner was excellent. While everything was roasting, I talked to my parents, who seemed to be in fine form. Then I ate supper, cleaned up my kitchen, ran the dishwasher, and took care of a variety of tings.

And now I'm falling asleep for real and wondering whether it's time to throw in the towel...goodnight!

No comments: