Monday, March 01, 2021

sea shanty

Things went mostly right today, which was a tremendous relief. My painters showed up exactly on schedule and seemed to understand what walls and ceilings required which colors, which was a vast improvement over the guy who quit before starting the job last time. They got through a lot today, so I'm guessing they'll finish tomorrow, and then I can start putting my upstairs back in order.

Another fun activity today: I got new tires. The tires were timed just right - they've been having shipping delays and had warned me that the tires might not be there on time, but as I pulled up for my appointment, the FedEx truck that had delivered them was pulling away. The tire experience went super well and was approx $500 less than getting them at my dealer, so I was as delighted as one can be while buying tires.

While I was waiting for my car, I caught up with Terry for a bit. Then I picked up a few necessities at the grocery store, came home, and talked to my parents. And then I mostly did nothing - I made a quesadilla with the last of my chicken tinga + a whole lot of guacamole, and then I watched a bunch of SNL from the night that Regé-Jean Page (the guy from Bridgerton) hosted. Why did none of you tell me that there was a sea shanty sketch in that episode????? That maybe would have made last week so much better if I could have watched it every hour.

And now, I am going to attempt the unusual feat of sleeping in my guest room (which is also my Peloton room and also currently is doubling as my closet since all my clothes are piled everywhere). Goodnight!

No comments: