Thursday, March 25, 2021

choke this love 'til the veins start to shiver

I have a three day weekend courtesy of my employer, and the end of the work week could not come fast enough today. I had meetings pretty much straight from 8:30 to 4:30, with a 30min break in which I made an omelette and some toast to soothe my acidic stomach (despite my unusual stress levels this week, I only had one headache and one day of that acid/sour feeling I sometimes get, so I guess that's a win?). But I wore a hot new lipstick and put sugar and heavy cream in my coffee, so at least I had little bits of decadence to get me through.

Then, after many many meetings, I slammed my laptop closed around five and ran a couple of errands. Then I came home and basically did nothing the rest of the night - I did a bit of journaling, watched a bit of tiktok, kind of fell asleep while playing on my laptop, and messed around and daydreamed of restaurants and hotels and trips and the many things that I will do again someday but am not doing tonight.

And now I should consider bed - I'm going to ye olde Iowa on Saturday, which means that I intend to have a relaxing day tomorrow (and possibly make a Target run, which I'm v. overdue for) and get some packing done so I can head out Saturday morning. Goodnight!

No comments: