Tuesday, March 16, 2021

shot through the heart and you're to blame

I'm v. tired and I blame work (and maybe the slice of banana bread I had before bed last night, which may not have been the best bedtime snack). Today was a slog, with back to back meetings with my VP and my boss, as well as a lot of meetings in which emotions were discussed, and that always takes it out of me. But I paused at five to stretch and run to Bookbar to pick up a couple of books - the roads are still not amazing and it snowed a bit more this evening, but things are melting way better than I expected.

Then I came home, messed around online, and made a new recipe for dinner - a pasta with italian sausage and swiss chard and a creamy cheesy sauce with enough lemon zest in it to make it sing. It was super easy and quite tasty, and I'm looking forward to leftovers even if pasta leftovers are never quite as good as the original serving.

Then, unfortunately, I had to do some work. And then, stupidly, I messed around online rather than reading or doing anything else to relax. But now I think it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: