Friday, March 12, 2021

shut your mouth, baby, stand and deliver

Today was boring in terms of what I can report to all of you, but I got done what I needed to get done. That mostly involved work; because I had planned to take today off, I only had two meetings today, so that was great. That meant I actually got some work done, which felt v. luxurious. I also took a break to have a call with Alyssa; working out over video is weird, but it felt good, so I guess I'll take it.

And now I'm mostly hunkered down and waiting for snow. I brought my shovel and my ice breaker inside so that I don't have to slog to the garage for them; I am charging my devices and backup phone batteries in case I lose power; I am fully stocked up on the foods and drinks that will keep me happy over the next few days. And I made a delicious supper this evening - the same sausages and peppers dish that I tried at home a month ago, paired with a tasty parmesan polenta (basically grits, although polenta has a different texture and also is full of parmesan).

So, we'll see how the snow goes, but it's not like I don't spend 23hrs a day in my house anyway, so I think I'll survive. This week marked a year since my office shut down, and I've got to say that it was a bizarre sense of deja vu the last couple of days, going to grocery stores that were completely sold out of dairy products, wondering if I would be stuck at home, seeing long lines at liquor stores, etc. - the snowstorm in Denver is basically recreating early pandemic buying patterns, and that's really not an anniversary I wanted to remember in that way. But my buying patterns have probably permanently been broken by the last year, so suffice it to say I won't starve even if I can't leave the house for a month (although I'll get cranky when I run out of coffee and cream).

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: