Wednesday, March 10, 2021

losing you's a win-win

I probably should have gone to bed an hour ago, but I was messing around with my laptop and my #quarantinechef instagram stories. Today was as good as it could be when I had meetings literally straight from 11 to 5, which made grabbing lunch a tad bit difficult (I persevered and ordered a poke bowl). But then I threw in the towel - I talked to my parents, and then I talked to [censored], and then I ate the last of my leftover beet salad and some chicken while talking to Terry about the royals (my favorite topic, although it makes me sad).

Then I decided to get groceries - I had considered going back to Iowa this weekend, but we're potentially getting 2-3 feet of snow here this weekend, and so if I went to Iowa I would need to leave as soon as I'm done working tomorrow. I'm also a bit nervous about that much snow on my trees, especially the tree in my backyard that is lovingly wrapped around my power line in a death embrace. So, I decided to stay here, which means I need groceries to sustain myself for the next few days since I expect I won't be going anywhere after tomorrow night.

So I went to Whole Foods and picked up a bunch of stuff, and I feel quite confident I'll survive (I would have survived anyway with all the food in my basement, but this means I have fresh produce). Of course, if I lose power I will regret that I have food in my fridge, but fingers crossed that doesn't happen. Whole Foods wasn't too busy tonight, although the staff said they had been slammed all day. But the really interesting thing is that I discovered that Katie is right (sorry that I had to discover that, Katie) by going to the Whole Foods by Union Station instead of the one I usually go to in Lakewood - while the Lakewood one is bigger, it also seems to be the main supplier for Denver's online orders, and so shopping there means competing with a lot of employees for stuff. They've often been out of chicken or garlic or other basics when I've gone there...but the Union Station one doesn't get as much order pickup and everything was in stock.

So, I'm as ready as I can be for whatever blizzard descends. And now that I've said that and tempted fate, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: