Tuesday, March 09, 2021

how to save a life

Today was a brutal slog - luckily it started by getting the best sleep I've gotten in ages, but then I promptly got neck deep in work and couldn't get out. I had meetings pretty straight from 9:30 to 5, although I had time to pull together my beet salad with goat cheese and pistachios, which was still a total delight. Then I talked to [censored], and then I got dragged back into working from 6:30 to 8. At that point I was ravenous, so I ate some leftover pork and spent a bit of time tidying things up, dealing with personal effects, etc.

But the lure of the work inbox was still strong, so I worked from nine to eleven. This is probably not setting me up for success for sleeping well or being productive tomorrow (which is a shame because tomorrow looks also brutal). But I am operating under the assumption that I will be less stressed if I don't wake up tomorrow in a panic over the work I needed to do. Whether I'm correct about that will be determined when I wake up tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: