Friday, March 26, 2021

listen all y'all it's a sabotage

I had a v. lazy day - I woke up this morning basically feeling hungover from working all week, and so was slow to get out of bed, slow to get around, slow to make breakfast, etc. That meant that breakfast was really more like brunch - I made huevos rancheros, which was a real treat after mostly living on oatmeal for recent breakfasts. And I messed around my house without accomplishing anything for most of the morning, but #noregrets.

I did eventually rally and leave the house - I made an epic Target run, since I hadn't been to Target for several months and was starting to run low on my hoarded home goods. I obviously could have gone longer without a Target run since my stash is rather epic, but I decided that a Friday afternoon Target run was preferable to going some weekend day. And, for whatever reason, Target had missed me so much that they had sent me a 20% off everything coupon, which is unheard of, so I took them up on it.

And so, $300 later, I'm stocked up on a wide variety of tings (and also have new bath mats because #treatyoself). Then I went to Whole Foods and bought some groceries for the trip back to ye olde Iowa - mostly things for snacks, although I bought beets so that I can expose my parents to my new favorite beet salad, and I also bought prosciutto so I can make them some fancy stuffed chicken.

Then I came home, unloaded everything, ate a snack, ran to Bookbar to pick up a book I'd ordered, came home again, talked to my mom, and spent the rest of the night packing / organizing / deciding what I should take to Iowa. Packing was super smooth because I mostly know what I need in Iowa at this point (and also have duplicates of some things, so I can survive there even if I forget some things). I have to load my car tomorrow, water my plants, load up my cooler, and take care of a couple of other things, but I'm hopeful that will all be smooth and I'll get out of here at a reasonable hour.

But in order for that to happen, I should sleep - goodnight!

No comments: