Monday, March 08, 2021

i'm trying to find the words to describe this girl without being disrespectful

Today was a bit of a slog, but I blame the fact that I stayed up stupidly late last night watching royal interview coverage (still, #worthit for the family time) and also stupidly drank wine for four hours, which is unusual and really not an advisable way to end the weekend. So, I got approximately six hours of sleep, and most of that sleep was fitful, which did not make for success this morning.

That said, I was able to get up, shower, wash my hair, enjoy my coffee, and do a bit of planning before starting my day, so it could be worse. I slogged through many meetings, then wrapped up in time to take my poor gravel-and-salt-encrusted car to the car wash, where I gave it a bath before my next trip to ye olde Iowa ruins it again. Then I came home, messed around, ate some leftover pork shoulder w/beans, and talked to my mom.

At that point, it was only eight and I was tempted to go to bed - but instead I dealt with some laundry, answered a few emails, organized my thoughts about what work stuff I need to get done tomorrow, etc. Of course, in the midst of that I caught the usual weird second wind that I catch around 9:30pm, and now I feel like I could stay up even later - but that is clearly a lie, and I should go to bed asap. Goodnight!

No comments: