Tuesday, March 23, 2021

have a seat in the foyer, take a number

Today was pretty exhausting. I thought I had set myself up for some modicum of success - I got up, made coffee, rode my Peloton, and stretched / foam rolled before my first meeting, all of which felt like the kind of healthy choice that should be rewarded with world peace (or at least inner peace). But a lot of people at work were struggling today from all of the news of the Boulder shooting - it's just a lot to handle on top of a year of pretending to work like everything's normal. It's pretty upsetting to feel like we're getting closer and closer to some signs of the pandemic lifting, and we're just going straight back into mass shootings every day without getting any break at all.

So. Today sucked and I had trouble focusing, which was unfortunate since I have a lot of tings to do. But when I was done a little after six, I decided to be done for the night. I made some spaghetti all'amatriciana, which is one of my comfort foods - I usually have the ingredients lying around, since it just takes bacon, red onion, garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes, tomato sauce, and spaghetti. It went a little way toward rejuvenating me, but nothing was going to fix tonight. Then I alternated between journaling and watching tiktok videos, and now I'm going to go to bed - goodnight!


No comments: