Friday, March 12, 2021

i'll make a cup of coffee for your head

Whelp, I've officially stayed up too late and officially reverted to workaholism. This always happens around performance review season, but it's been particularly ridiculous this week. I worked today from 9am to 5pm (not bad! well actually I lied, many ridiculous things happened, but no more than the average I guess). Then I took a break, put a chicken in the oven to roast, ate some grapes and cheese, and rode my Peloton. While the chicken rested and the brussels sprouts roasted, I took a quick shower. Then I ate a bit of chicken and some brussels sprouts (and all of the skin off the whole damn chicken, like a total carnivore, but I might as well embrace the benefits of having a whole chicken to myself).

The rest of the chicken got picked off the bones and put in the freezer; I'm planning to make chicken tortilla soup soon, but I froze the meat in case I don't get to it in a few days. Then I cleaned up the kitchen, thought about relaxing the rest of the night, and instead worked from 8:30 to midnight. Oops. But I feel better about my to-do list, and I have ample time to work tomorrow (or deal with whatever fires pop up then), so hopefully I can enter the weekend free and ready to party in the massive snowstorm we're getting. Goodnight!

No comments: