Monday, March 07, 2022

all about that bass

I'm v v tired - tings have been stressful with work + Ukraine + natural disasters + looking at my hands and realizing they're aging [note: not all disasters are actually of equal importance].

But, other than the end of the world, things are going well. I went into the SF office and got a lot of work done, which was necessary. I left the office around five and talked to [censored], then stopped at Sephora for a couple of tings I needed, and then talked to Terry briefly about wedding plans. Then I took a ten minute nap. And then I met Katrina for a long dinner at Otra - we usually go to Nopalito, but we switched it up with a different Mexican restaurant. The bean dip was the star of the show, but my margaritas were excellent and the other dishes were tasty as well. We hadn't caught up in a long time, so it was nice to have a v. long and detailed discussion. And, ridiculously, in the middle of it Adit interrupted us - he showed up for a dinner with some coworkers, so he said hi when he saw us. This felt so much like old times that it was total cognitive dissonance, since I don't live here and also don't go out to eat due to the pandemic, and so a casual run-in at a restaurant felt bizarre.

But now, I need to sleep since I have an early meeting I have to be on for - goodnight!

No comments: