Friday, March 25, 2022

baby i don't need no dollar bills to have fun tonight

I got over eight hours of sleep last night, which was a miracle - and of course, when my alarm went off, my body still wanted even more sleep. But I somehow managed to rally, and that enabled me to work all day - I was pretty productive, even with a break for some leftover chili.

I had put a nice bottle of chardonnay in the fridge with the intention of roasting some salmon and sipping wine while watching the ISU game tonight. However, as I was finishing up work, Aunt B texted me to say that she and Uncle B were downtown at a Cyclones watch party. So, on a whim, I decided to join them. This was definitely not how I had intended to spend my night, but I'm glad I went - I hadn't seen Aunt B in ages, so we caught up in breaks between the games. Both the ISU men's and women's teams were playing tonight, and unfortunately both of them lost - but I scored some chicken tendies and a lot of wine, so it was a worthwhile excursion.

After the game, Aunt B and Uncle B dropped me off at my house. And now I should go to bed - I have several errands to run tomorrow, which means I can't stay up late and get up late. Goodnight!

No comments: