Tuesday, March 08, 2022

i said, ooh, i'm blinded by the lights

Hello from San Francisco. I read some hot take on Twitter today about how people with ADHD forget all about people who aren't right in front of them (which is relevant for all the people whose emails I have not responded to), and it's exhibit #973 of how social media is convincing me that I have ADHD...but my midwestern / puritanical work ethic would tell me that I'm just lazy, so who knows what is right?

sssanyway. Today was pretty good, although I'm severely overcaffeinated - if I can get a large Philz at 7:30am, and then some coffee, and then an iced latte, and then a chai (the non-Philz cups provided by the free barista at work), it turns out that my body is jittery and my heart is fluttering by 4pm. But other than that, today was great. I am not looking forward to a commute, but my secret extrovert heart is delighted by seeing people in person.

So, I spent the whole day at the office, then walked to my hotel, took a nap, and then worked at Le Meridien's bar while having some wine and dinner (and observing yet another bad first day from the guy who I saw here last time I was in SF + the last time I went on a bad first date in SF - apparently he does not give up, which is why he + other bacteria will eventually win the evolutionary wars after humans destroy themselves). And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: