Monday, March 21, 2022

echoes in the dark

I have nothing to report today - I had some meetings, but a bunch of stuff in the middle got canceled, and so I played hooky and took myself out for lunch rather than ordering in or eating a sad sandwich. I went to Sassafras, which is two blocks from my house and yet someplace I've never been - it's usually super busy on weekends, and weekdays during the pandemic haven't been conducive to eating out in a public setting. It was pretty slow to get seated, but the food was great - my poached eggs were perfect, and they served them with some v. nice sausage and also a potato casserole that was delish. This meal went a long way toward restoring me, even though work is ridiculous right now.

So I spent the afternoon working (with a break to chat with Alyssa), and then I ended a little after six. Then I talked to [censored] so that we could catch up on our respective weekends. I also got a call from my friend Sara to follow up on a discussion we had at dinner Saturday night, so I would say I'm all talked out. And that means it's probably time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: