Friday, March 18, 2022

pick up daddies at the playground, how i spend my daytime

Today's day job engagements were ridiculous, so I shall draw a veil over that and move on. I did have an afternoon catchup with Eugene, who was a friend from ye olde books days - we have a semi-regular gossip session on calendar, and we kept it for today, which was a delight. And eventually, when I was done with all work, I took an uber to the Four Seasons. For some reason it does not occur to me that Denver has a Four Seasons - in my head, I am v. judgey and bougie and this is still a cow town, but that is clearly somewhat unfair.

My friend / former coworker Kelly was there getting a massage, so we met for a drink and a shrimp cocktail. This turned into three drinks, a shrimp cocktail, and some fries. Then, we met up with her husband and had dinner at The Bindery - it's Denver restaurant week, and they were clearly overwhelmed, but the server was v. sweet. Dinner was not all that I wanted it to be, but we had an excellent bottle of pinot noir and a v. hilarious conversation, so in that respect it was perfect

Eventually, Kelly and Jackson dropped me at home, and we'll see each other again at a wedding in a couple of weeks. And now I am quite desperate for sleep - goodnight!

No comments: