Monday, March 28, 2022

you call me fred astaire

No blog tonight - I had a lovely day, mostly because I managed to stay off twitter until 11pm (and then logged on, saw some of what happened at the Oscars, and went deep in the discourse). I spent the day journaling, doing laundry, and doing a lot of cooking - I roasted some salmon, and then I made a slow-cooked harissa and white bean stew + some slow roasted pulled pork, so I'm set for meals this week. The salmon was perfect (I had some for lunch), and the white bean stew + pulled pork was excellent too. It was an attempt to create a different version of this recipe from Alison Roman that I had tried twice - it failed both times (meat totally dried out, beans singed), but the flavor profile was clearly going to be good. All in all, the meal worked, and I'm excited to eat more of it this week (+ eat what I froze on some future date).

I was supposed to see Katie, but she canceled, which was just as well since I needed to spend the whole afternoon taking care of personal business. I did, however, have a video chat with the friendship renewal crew before spending the rest of the evening continuing my business. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: