Friday, November 24, 2023

last train to clarksville

Happy Thanksgiving Day Two! Aunt Kathy, Drewbaby, and Sammie came down today for a day of merriment, which meant I had to get up and be somewhat presentable for the second day in a row.

But first, I made myself eggs since I forgot to eat dinner last night and was feeling it. I also did a wee bit of black Friday shopping online. And then I baked a chocolate cake to use some of yesterday's leftover cream cheese frosting - the cake was a new recipe, but it turned out deliciously. I probably needed to make a second cake since my leftover frosting situation is absurd, but this was a good start.

I also showered, cleaned the kitchen, and prepped the ingredients for a salad before heading out to my parents' house. Lunch was mostly yesterday's leftovers plus my salad, but the meal was perfect - v easy and tasty. Then we hung out, talked, drank some wine, and some of us played Ticket to Ride. Kathy, Drewbaby and Sammie hadn't played it before, so perhaps it's not much of an achievement that I won, but I will still take the victory.

Then we ate dinner - we had a baked potato bar, which was the perfect follow up to lunch. And then Drewbaby and Sammie headed north, and Kathy came to my house, where we talked to [censored] until bedtime. She's staying over and we're doing brunch + local craft fair stuff tomorrow, so I need to go to bed if I'm going to cook again for the third morning in a row. Goodnight!

No comments: