Sunday, November 26, 2023

we'll paint it red to fit right in

I've had a busy couple of days. Yesterday, I made brunch for Aunt Kathy, [censored], and my parents at the v unfashionable hour of 9:30am in deference to their Midwestern preferences. Then, Kathy, Mom and I went to the town craft fair - I didn't really need crafts, but I bought a couple of things that I thought were cute/unique.

Then, we dropped Mom off at home and Kathy and I went into the other town to check out the stores that were open for small business Saturday. The town is really trying to make new businesses work, and I did get a cute top at a clothing store run by a high school classmate and a pendant at a gift shop attached to the hotel, so I think I did my part to support the local economy.

After that, Kathy left and I spent the rest of the day doing tings, napping, and picking up takeout from the Mexican food truck, which was braving the snow. It snowed a surprising amount overnight, and I didn't leave the house today as a result. I slept in, made breakfast tacos (delish), did some tings, and then finished getting the basement ready for my massive HVAC project. [Censored] was instrumental in this, and I still have some stuff to carry upstairs and a few things to cover with tarps, but otherwise we're good to go.

And then I made fresh spaghetti to go with leftover sauce, watched the ultimately depressing Iowa State basketball game, ate leftover chocolate cake, did some online stuff, and decided to go to bed before I buy any more black Friday deals for myself - goodnight!

No comments: