Saturday, November 11, 2023

no squealing and remember that it's all in your head

Shhhh - I'm secretly in San Francisco. I decided to come at the extreme last minute to do some writing stuff related to nanowrimo, and I'm hoping it will unblock the last blocks with the plot of my book (which I have made good progress on this month, but it's still not there).

However, the fact that I came at the extreme last minute meant that I didn't have time to let anyone know that I was coming, other than my writer friends. Happily for me, though, the people I did reach out to today mostly didn't have plans. I spent the whole morning/afternoon traveling, which was a drag since I woke up at 5am to make it to the airport on time. But my flights were perfectly smooth and I didn't have to get a suitcase from baggage claim, so that felt winning.

Within forty five minutes if landing in SF, I met up with Lauren (aka Subz) for a late lunch in Burlingame. She was in fine form and I could have talked to her for ages, but we parted ways and I took an Uber to SF to check into my hotel.

I spent the evening running errands, eating a funghi pizza at Delfina, taken a nap, etc.  I took a brief nap, and that could have been the end...

... But instead, despite the lure of staying in bed, I went out. I met up with Vidya, Claudia and Adit, and we had a couple of bottles of wine at Linden and Laguna, followed by a punch bowl at Hazies. We've still got it, I guess, but we'll see how i feel tomorrow.

And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: