Thursday, November 02, 2023

sending out an sos to the world

I had a lovely day in Boulder, although I've screwed up my sleeping schedule by napping from 9:30-11pm and then sending emails for the last hour. But I got up this morning, made myself presentable, and went to Boxcar (one of my old haunts) for a latte and some writing time. My lunch date cancelled due to having COVID, so I was on my own - and that meant going to my favorite paper store and the Boulder bookstore, since I was, as usual, convinced that a new notebook would solve all my plot problems.

This equipped, I went to Postino, where I had lunch and wrote for awhile. Lunch was tasty, but it would have been tastier if they hadn't gotten half of my order wrong. I liked what they brought instead, so it was no big deal, and the glass of zinfandel I had with it went a long way towards making everything better.

Then I went to a happy hour that I organized for myself - and I was pleased to see Alisha, both Tomases, Steph, Morgan, Morganne, Morganne's baby, Midou, Caroline, Stacey, Isaac, Dave, Alice, Vicky, and a couple of other random stragglers. It felt like an old pre-pandemic work happy hour, and I gave them permission to use my name and likeness to throw future happy hours for themselves even when I'm not around.

Then, Caroline and I had dinner with Sara (other Sara) at River and Woods. I had my beloved poutine, which was delicious but made my stomach hurt, which is why I crawled into bed as soon as I got to my hotel. But now I need to go to bed for real so that I can accomplish all the things tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: