Sunday, November 19, 2023

i don't wanna go because i know the conditions

I got several tings done today, even though I inadvertently stayed up until two last night and so slept later than intended. But I did a bit of writing this morning (after talking to [censored] about fence and before eating some leftover chili for lunch), and I finished cleaning out my pantry. I also did some other house tings. And I went out to my parents' house to give my dad his birthday card (happy birthday, Dad!) and pick up some special paper to print some stuff.

The stuff I had to print was a bunch of star-shaped logos to put on a Christmas tree at the local festival of trees and lights. My secret society decided to decorate a tree this year, and I was able to take a logo that my mom had, edit it to improve the printing, and then cut it out, punch a hole in it, and put it on ornament hooks. I took the ornaments in to the fairgrounds tonight, where a bunch of people were in a frenzy of decorating. I didn't stay for the full finishing touches on the tree, but it was coming together nicely when I left, so that felt good.

Then I came home and made burrito bowls, even though I had intended that we would get takeout from the Mexican food truck. I also experimented with making a queso - the verdict was that [censored] and I don't like having too much tomato or other ingredients in the queso, but it was pretty tasty for a first attempt. And we ate while watching last night's SNL, which was as close to uniformly excellent as anything I've seen them do this year.

Then I cleaned up the kitchen, came upstairs, procrastinated for awhile, and did a bit of writing work to cap off the night. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: