Tuesday, November 28, 2023

now they're calling on the fire brigade

My HVAC project kicked off today... Luckily the contractor gave me two hours' notice before showing up, so I was showered and dressed in time to let them in. I still have heat tonight, which I'm basking in, but it's possible I won't have heat tomorrow. However, I think it will all be worth it despite the inconveniences this week.

While they were in the basement all day, I did a whole bunch of work - I got a new laptop in honor of Black Friday, and I spent the day setting it up. I've let the business side of writing lapse quite a bit since I haven't had any new releases, and I took the opportunity to go through a bunch of files, reorganize things, and make sure I have the right files/programs in the new laptop to start making progress on some year-end goals. It was fun and also bittersweet - I found partial manuscripts I'd forgotten about, and all told I probably have four books' worth of words that didn't become actual books. C'est la vie, I guess, but hopefully this one will succeed where the others didn't.

At some point, I made chicken and wild rice soup with mushrooms, which was perfect (and will be even better tomorrow when I don't have heat). And now I'm going to go to bed early so that I can take advantage of tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: