Thursday, November 30, 2023

turn up the lights

Nothing to report today - I got up, showered, and chatted with the HVAC guys before going into town to get allergy shots. Even though I didn't have heat last night, it wasn't bad - my nose was cold when I woke up, but it only got down to 63 in my bedroom and 65 or so downstairs, and then the greenhouse effect of my windows started to warm things up.

When I got home from the doctor and grocery store, I turned around and went straight back bc I realized the eggs I'd but expired a month ago. Luckily, the harried solo cashier just let me grab a different carton, no formal exchange necessary. I came home again, set up my new computer monitor, ate some peanut butter toast, and had a video chat about writing. And then I spent the afternoon doing some work but mostly messing around the house.

Happily, the guys got the new furnace going today and it seems to be working - there's still stuff to do, but I'm not going to freeze. While that momentous thing happened, I talked to Ritu for awhile, which was an overdue pleasure. And then I dragged [censored] to Garden Grove, where we had a tasty dinner that immediately made me sleepy.

And now, I'm going to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: