Wednesday, November 15, 2023

skipping stones

I had an excellent day - it's amazing what can be accomplished when I manage to ignore my phone. I spent the morning journaling, writing, and reading a variety of tings. Then, I made myself lunch - I usually eat leftovers for lunch, but I had no leftovers, so I made a tofu stirfry with broccoli, red peppers, and onion, along with some brown rice. Yes, this is a v. unusual meal for southern Iowa, but sometimes I want tofu - and with the right seasoning (in this case, an Omsom sauce packet) and the right cooking method (lightly coated in cornstarch before stir frying to get some crispiness), it's pretty tasty. I doubt anyone will steal my leftovers, so I will get another couple of meals out of it, which is fine by me.

Then I did some tings around the house, had a meeting, did some more tings, and took a brief walk since the weather was so nice. And then I ran out to my parents' house to consult with my mom on some Christmas tree decorations for our secret society. When I came home, I made dinner (v. unusual to cook two meals in a day from scratch) - I was in the mood for chili, and I thought [censored] might appreciate those leftovers more than the tofu. So I made my favorite black bean chili, and it was delish. While it was cooking, I did some laundry, cleaned, etc. And after I ate, I had a conversation with someone in New Mexico who wants to plan a mural festival similar to the one we did here - I wish him well, and also am glad I don't have to plan another one anytime soon.

When I got off the phone, [censored] had arrived, so we caught up for awhile before I came upstairs. And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: