Tuesday, March 26, 2024

so park your lexus and throw your keys up

So in an unexpected turn of events, I have a job. Or, at least, I have a job for a few weeks - it's a bit of an odd situation where we're basically testing each other out to see if we want to work together. This has been secretly, v. v. slowly, in the works for several months - and in a bizarre way. The job was never posted and I think I was the only candidate, and the interview process was v. slow until the CEO decided to just hire me for a month and see what happens.

But so far so good - I started yesterday, and the people are all v. friendly, and I think it could be a really good thing if we continue to get along. I'm not going to say more than that yet. But the only other salient fact is that Adit (some people call him the cat) and V's husband both work here, so the people are pretty well-vetted. And as long as Adit doesn't slip and call me Wampface like he usually does, I'll probably do pretty well.

sssanyway, that's why I'm in SF, and that's why I'm not posting anything fun since I'm mostly sitting on a laptop looking at spreadsheets and zoom calls. But perhaps I'll have something fun to post this weekend - we shall see!

Beyond the job, today was good - I grabbed some Nola-style iced coffee at Blue Bottle (which I love), had a v. delicious lunch with the team, and had a nice walk back to my hotel via Union Square. And now, I think I shall go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: