Friday, March 22, 2024

walking on sunshine

Surprise - I'm in San Francisco. I was supposed to be in Tahoe tonight, but there was a risk of a snowstorm, so V and I made a heroic effort to get out of the house and on the road by noon. We were in the city four hours later, which was decent time considering that we had to stop for caffeine and bathrooms. And while I'm v sad for the retreat to be over, I'm excited for some time in the city of sin.

Not that I intend to do much sinning - I'm here for more productive reasons, and also my liver is too old for its old shenanigans. In fact, when I checked into the hotel, I laid on my bed and did absolutely nothing for awhile. But then I rallied and went downstairs to get a Caesar salad and some salmon...

... And inadvertently invited Chandlord to join me. Clearly I wanted to see her or else I wouldn't have texted about dinner later in the week, but she had nothing going on, so she came to my hotel since it's v close to her. She ordered a pizza that took a long time (but that was still better than her pizza at the infamous wedge salad restaurant in 2021), and we caught up v deeply (if you like going deep on the Spice Islands and global nutmeg production). She also came upstairs and laid on my bed for awhile, which was v nice.

And now I need to sleep so that I can accomplish all the things tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: