Sunday, March 24, 2024

baby it's all right now

I had a chill day in the city of sin. I got sufficient sleep, and then I showered, grab a cold brew from the Starbucks down the street, and wrote in the lobby for an hour and a half. Then, I embarked on my one plan of the day: I met Katrina for lunch at Pizzeria Delfina.

We usually meet in her neighborhood, but I lured her up the hill to Pac Heights, and I'm glad I did - the gluten free crust at Delfina is perhaps the best ever, and their mushroom pizza is perfection. We caught up for a couple of hours while eating pizza, and it was a v nice interlude.

Then, I grabbed a new notebook at my favorite store in Japantown, sat in the lobby at the Kabuki for a bit, and came back to my hotel, where I wrote for another hour. Eventually I grabbed some food in the bar downstairs, where I caught up with a bartender I've met several times before (pre and post pandemic) and watched the ISU/Stanford game (I was destined to be happy either way, but I can't wait to see what the ISU women do next year). And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: