Friday, March 08, 2024

doc told me to travel but there's covid on the planes

I'm back in my own bed after a nice mini trip away from it. I slept surprisingly well last night considering I was in an unfamiliar room, and the only downside of that was that I didn't wake up early and write this morning. But I got plenty of sleep, then put on some clothes and went around the corner to grab Starbucks, which was a nice treat that I can't get in my hometown. Then I got ready and checked out of the hotel, stored my backpack in my car, and wandered for a bit.

While I suspect that spending more than a few hours in Iowa City would feel even more claustrophobic than Boulder (a university town I universally despise), it was a nice place to spend a morning. I wandered around some shops, stopped in at the famous bookstore, and had lunch (brunch) at a place called Dandy Lion. All in all it was a good way to spend a couple of hours.

Then, I drove home, with a quick stop in Pella to do some reconnaissance for a spring trip. When I got here I needed a nap almost immediately, and then I rallied to talk to [censored], watch some TV, and scrounge for a v late sandwich when I finally felt hungry. And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: