Saturday, March 30, 2024

the otherlands

I'm unfortunately, suddenly, quite sick - about as sick as I was when I got COVID in 2022, which was not a pleasant experience. I'm sure the petri dish of exposure to so many other people, when I'm getting not enough sleep, has not helped matters. I also remember getting horribly sick when I went back to work in 2013 and 2017... And whether it's going back to work that causes it, or just exposure, is a mystery.

Anyway, I had already decided to work from my hotel today, and I thought I took it easy enough physically.... But everything worsened by early evening, despite taking an extremely unusual 6pm nap. So I got some chicken tortilla soup and a ginger ale from the bar (their food is generally excellent, but my tortilla soup is better) and spent the rest of the evening reading to take my mind off my runny nose. And now, I'm going to sleep and hope that tomorrow is better - but I cancelled the massage I'd booked, so that's how you know it's serious. Goodnight!

No comments: