Sunday, March 31, 2024

can't reach the moon now, can't turn the tide

So it turns out I have covid. I found this out yesterday, as my symptoms continued to escalate and I finally took a covid test; the line for 'yes you have covid' turned bright pink within seconds, so I'd say it's for real. And even if it's not for real, the symptoms are -- sore throat, bad cough, a lot of tiredness / fogginess.

So, due to this unfortunate turn of events, I saw no one and did nothing this weekend. Yesterday, before things got worse, I went out and bought kleenexes and sudafed and covid tests and warm socks; the kleenexes are gone now, so I'm back to using one-ply hotel kleenex like a peasant, and I may have to doordash some tomorrow. Today, I didn't feel like going out at all, but I needed coffee...so finally, around 1pm, I rallied enough to walk a block and a half to get some cold brew + gatorade + several giant bottles of water. I also ordered a pizza, which I only ate half of since my appetite is questionable.

Unfortunately, I have nothing else to report beyond this litany of woe - I watched some SNL, watched some comedy videos, napped, and mostly did absolutely nothing. And now, I'm going to try to go to bed and see if I can kickstart my recovery with more sleep - goodnight!

No comments: