Saturday, October 06, 2018

all of the lights all of the lights

I had a fabulous day hanging out with Terry in New York, thanks for asking! She knows me well enough that she let me sleep in, and then she handed me coffee when I got up, so I think we're still besties. Our first stop was brunch at ABC Kitchen, which was delish - we split a carrot salad that was way better than it should have been, and then I had an tasty omelette.

After that, we went to Soho, where we explored Bloomingdale's before checking out the Wing, which is a female co-working space that I really loved. It made me long for my nomadic writer days... But then I bought a fabulous pair of leopard print shoes with tassels, and I was firmly recommitted to my capitalist lifestyle.

We eventually wandered back to Terry's place and finished watching a comedy special called "Nanette" by Hannah Gadsby, which started out super hilarious and then ended up being totally tragic and uncomfortable, which was the point (I recommend, but be prepared). Then we had dinner and a bottle of wine at Mountain Bird, which was awesome - cute/low-key setting with incredible food and lovely servers. My duck was pretty awesome, and Terry and I had a fun time continuing our catch-up over a perfect meal.

Then we met Terry's boyfriend for a drink, where he and I bonded over making fun of Terry, which is how people usually bond in these situations. And now I must sleep, since I'm leaving in the morning - goodnight!

No comments: