Monday, October 29, 2018

it's the little things that kill

I made two trips to the Denver airport today, which is two more than I wanted to make. Drewbaby left this morning and I took him to the airport to get a bit more time with him (and to show off my new car - did I tell you I bought an Audi?). Then I went home, read too much Twitter, made breakfast, packed, took a nap, showered, and eventually got out the door to head back to DIA.

On the way, I talked to my dad; we had enough to say that my mom was going to get the short end of the stick if I hung up on arrival, so I went through security and called her back. They were testing a new automated security screening that was super slow compared to human screening - will be interesting to see how that technology develops (although I have concerns over automation reaching the point where it can easily track all of us - it's probably close, the problem is more about analyzing the data from all sorts of random sources than it is about the actual tracking and recognition... But I digress).

sssanyway. I ate dinner at cantina grill and had a margarita (okay, two margaritas... It's medicinal to get me over the Rockies) while talking to my mom, and then I boarded my flight to SF. It was all totally uneventful and I slept/journaled rather than working - I may regret that tomorrow, but tonight I'm relaxed.

And now I'm at my hotel, which is not on strike (yay!) but also hasn't finished the lobby construction project (boooooo...I only care because I have an event here, but hopefully it'll be fine). At this point, though, all I can do is sleep and hope for the best. Goodnight!

No comments: