Sunday, October 07, 2018

walking in memphis

I'm back in my own bed again - and I'll actually be here for more than a week, which is astonishing. I had a great time in NYC, but it's good to be back, even if I did have to say farewell to Terry without knowing when I'll see her again.

This morning went very smoothly - I woke up in time to grab a quick coffee with Terry before shoving my stuff into my suitcase and going to the airport. I acquired just enough stuff on this trip that I had to check my bag, but the airport was easy, and I had time to grab a tasty hash and a mimosa (and more coffee) before boarding.

My flight was actually early, and I spent it getting my work inbox under control for the first time in weeks. So, when I got home I felt no compulsion to work - I grabbed some coffee beans on the way home, and I washed my sheets and my duvet cover, but other than that I was tremendously lazy.

I did call my parents, though, which was nice. And I crawled into bed at nine and spent the last hour reading a couple of chapters of THE SILK ROADS - I started it months ago and hadn't picked it back up, but it's really fascinating stuff. Oceans rise, empires fall...and it's been going on forever, in places that were incredible jewels of knowledge and progress when Europe was a forgotten backwater. In other words, this book is right up my alley.

But I need to go to bed so that I can write before work - goodnight!

No comments: