Sunday, October 21, 2018

love me lights out

I had exactly the day I needed - lots of sleep, minimal interactions with people, delicious food, and some indulgence of my vanity. I woke up at 9:45 surprised that I had slept that late, and I lazed around a bit more before pulling myself out of bed, making some scrambled eggs, and going to Boxcar for coffee and journaling. This eventually turned into lunch and journaling, since I was there for awhile and saw someone else's amazing salad with mozzarella and prosciutto, which I wanted to make my own.

Then I came home and actually worked out - my neck and shoulder are a total mess right now (pain, numbness, etc), and so I used my foam roller for a long time, and then did a bit of kettlebell swinging to try to loosen things up. Not sure if I was successful, but at least I tried. Then I showered and walked back down Pearl to the main pedestrianized area, where I got my hair cut (not by pedestrians - by a legit salon). I followed that up with an early dinner and wine at Pizzeria Locale (my fave), where I did a bit more journaling over my v. tasty meal before calling it a night.

When I got home, it was only seven, and so I decided to watch 'The Good Place' to see what all the discussion is about (I've seen many memes from that show, but never seen it myself). I ended up liking it so much that I binged the entire first season tonight - oops. Luckily the first season was only thirteen episodes, and they're only 22mins long since they're made for network, so I'm not a total monster...but that's way more tv than I usually watch. It was pretty funny, though, so I anticipate future binging in my future.

But now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: