Tuesday, October 02, 2018

friend of the devil

I'm sitting in a bed in Brooklyn, ready for sleep - but today ended up fun despite some setbacks. I woke up at five and successfully packed and vacated the house in time for my trip to NYC - but as I was driving to the airport, I got a notification that my flight was delayed. This was probably good, since it meant that I could have a legit breakfast (and a v entertaining conversation with my waiter, who didn't know how to pronounce my name), but it made for a slightly less wonderful day.

However, I got upgraded, and I got some work done on the way, so it was all good. I landed in NYC around five, took a Lyft (with a too-talkative driver) to Brooklyn, checked into my hotel, and then spent the night hanging out with Maya, whom I adore. We went out for fancy Mexican (the flautas were incredible, as were the three margaritas I had), and then we had a nightcap with her husband at home (after getting drenched in a sudden downpour on the way back). And all in all it was excellent and I wish we lived in the same city....

... But now I need to put that dream aside and sleep - goodnight!

No comments: