Sunday, October 14, 2018

I wanna be your high heels when you kick it

It's amazing how great a day can be when I don't have to work and also feel like getting things done. I woke up at eightish after ten hours of sleep, made some coffee, and then got an uncontrollable urge to reorganize and purge my bathroom drawers. This slowly had some scope creep, which led to some purging in my linen closet and office as well. But it was all overdue - there was a lot of stuff that I dumped into drawers a year ago even though I hadn't had the stuff while traveling and so it was either unnecessary or out of date, but I hadn't made time to fix it.

I didn't finish everything I wanted, but at one I had to run an errand - motomaki for lunch, followed by Staples to get some stuff for an off-site. Then I went home and showered and talked to Katrina, which was delightful as always.

But I had to cut off our conversation so that I could finish getting ready - Katie and I went out in Denver tonight, and it was perfect. We ended up trying El Five, which is a gorgeous restaurant on the fifth floor, which means we were able to see far off into the horizon while drinking wine and talking about death. #worthit

So, we had an amazing night, then came home and sat in my car and listened to old songs from our your (same same but different, since my Audi is very different from my old 1984 pick up). Then we hung out with James and drank rose, and now I'm going to sleep in their guest room. Goodnight!

No comments: