Tuesday, October 16, 2018

all i do is win win win no matter what

I'm at an offsite for the next two days, but it's in Colorado, so it almost feels like I didn't travel. But it also feels like I'm in a different world - I'm at Devil's Thumb Ranch, which is where I came for an offsite this summer, and it's even more magical looking in the winter when the snow coats the mountains.

I woke up unfortunately early to pack and get ready to go, and then went to the office to pick up Kristen, Chris, and Alice for the trip into the mountains. We made it here in good time, and the afternoon was mostly work - we're here to be good corporate citizens, so I had to lead some icebreaking activities with my team. We were done at 4:30, so I got to check up on Meghan Markle's fashion choices for her trip to Australia and also take a nap before the socializing began again.

Dinner was lovely, as was the wine (although it was v sedate compared to my last trip here, when there was an open bar until midnight, no managers, and no work expected). We had a "no talent talent show", which I somehow won when I remembered that I can fit my whole fist in my mouth, which astonished everyone so much that they gave me a Home Mini for it (I don't know if they were more astonished that I could physically do it, or if they were more astonished that I did it in front of our director, but I'll keep the Mini even if I get fired tomorrow).

And now it's time for bed, since I have to be on tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: