Sunday, October 14, 2018

try to wrap your arms around a memory

I woke up in Denver this morning, surprisingly none the worse for wear after last night's escapades. I'm delighted that I stayed over - I'd been worried about the weather, and while I was right to be worried (it was 23 degrees and snowing when I woke up), the snow wasn't enough to interfere with my drive home. But before I drove, I got to have a leisurely morning in Katie and James's house - James made excellent coffee/eggs/bacon, and Katie made some killer roasted potatoes, and I felt v. refreshed and restored.

Of course, in the light of day, our plan to take a vacation to Moldova may not have held up to scrutiny (although I still want to go there someday). And Julia told me that she thought she was getting sick, and then sneezed in my face - four year olds are monsters. But still, it was a great night and a perfect morning, so #noregrets (until I get some crazy toddler virus).

I eventually left, and on the way home I stopped at Target, then went to Ozo to grab coffee beans (I would have gone to Whole Foods, but I wasn't sure I wanted to brave it). When I got home, I promptly did absolutely nothing for a few hours - I should have done a million things, including answering friends' outreach attempts and taking care of work stuff and writing and a bunch of other stuff, but I wasn't feeling it. I did eventually do three loads of laundry and finish tidying up my office. I also called my parents, who were delightful. And I made supper - I was going to make chili, but the inside of my red onion was rotten, so I went in a completely different direction and made spaghetti carbonara instead.

I did, alas, do about an hour of day job stuff tonight - although it was pretty unfocused, so I probably could have been done in fifteen minutes. I also did some personal writing job stuff, which was v. necessary. And now I'm going to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: