Friday, October 05, 2018

forces of evil in a bozo nightmare

I had a good final day of the conference, but I was ready to be done - I have a lot of day job stuff on my mind and I began to feel like I was wasting my time by sitting at the conference when I could have been working. However, it was useful overall, so no regrets.

I left around 3:45 and took an Uber to Terry's (remember her?) - I'm hanging out with her for a day or two of fun, so I came to her place to drop my stuff so we could go out in search of adventure. Our first stop was the Met to see this year's Met fashion gala exhibit - "Heavenly Bodies", which examined the influence of Catholicism on fashion. The exhibit was awesome - lots of crazy modern couture, but also some old papal vestments. The papal vestments were cool to see - not just for the human history, but also the incredibly intricate and detailed embroidery. The workmanship and artistry was super impressive, so I'm glad we saw it.

Terry is a member, so we went to the members' reception after and had sparkling wine and snacks while talking to a couple who seemed to have a fascinating life as government contractors. Then we adjourned to Mermaid Inn (after I bought a piece of jewelry that I'm calling my birthday present from my parents, who sent cash and instructions to buy something memorable). We ate a bunch of oysters, and then someone Terry knows joined us, and it was delightful.

But now I'm super exhausted and will follow up with you again soon - goodnight!

No comments: