Saturday, October 27, 2018

how many times can I break till I shatter

I had an amazing day in Boulder - it was entirely fun/relaxing, which is exactly what I needed to get ready for a week of impending disasters. Andrew (aka Drewbaby), his friend Ben, and I got up, showered, and then had brunch at River and Woods. It was totally fucking delicious - their breakfast sandwich is delectable, and the guys liked their meals too. Of course, the bottomless mimosas helped, but it was an excellent start to the day.

Then we walked to the stadium, where we watched almost three quarters of Colorado vs Oregon State. CU was way up (to the point that ESPN thought they had a 99.5% chance of winning), so we left in the third and walked downtown to have a drink at the Boulderado. Of course, somehow Oregon State came back and won in overtime, so that was a shock, but I'm glad we left and headed to the bar when we did.

One reason was because, on the way to the bar, Andrew got coerced into helping a street performer with his magic show, which was hilarious. And then it we nice that we beat the crowd a bit - it's homecoming and Halloween, so Pearl was totally nuts. We ate outside at Salt while enjoying the people watching (and slowly getting hypothermia) and a lot of ridiculous conversation.

Then we walked home to change into warmer clothes, but that just meant we watched an amazing dubbed version of something like American Ninja Warrior, which made me laugh harder than ever before. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: