Friday, December 28, 2018

brand new sounds in my mind

I've had a v. lazy couple of days in ye olde Iowa. And by that, I mean I've accomplished virtually nothing - although today I did manage to pack up a box of stuff to ship to myself, take care of some work stuff (only 30min, but v. necessary), and make some chocolate chip chewies. I've been feeling very hermity and avoidant of all things related to my social life, which has not been great for my connections with friends - but hopefully after this break I'll be ready to reengage.

sssanyway. I did leave the house yesterday - I tramped around in the muddy fields looking for some missing cats (they showed up later, totally unconcerned, of course), and I also went into town to have supper with Hannah, one of my friends / distant cousins from high school. We went to the Mexican place in town again, and while I should not have eaten the dessert due to the gluten, I couldn't help myself because it was a cheesecake chimichanga (cheesecake filling wrapped in a tortilla, deep fried, and covered in sugar/cinnamon), which was so fucking good.

Tonight was less pleasant, since I stayed up late watching the Alamo Bowl w/my mom and [censored], and Iowa State lost, which was rather unfortunate. But now I need to sleep since we have family stuff happening tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: