Sunday, December 30, 2018

i wanna get better

I had a pretty mellow day, all in all. I had to get ready slightly faster than planned since we forgot to take a photo of the four of us yesterday to send to some friends in Ukraine, and so we had to accomplish that while we still had other people around - and since I didn't want to look homeless, I decided I shouldn't be in my pajamas. Also, Aunt B and Uncle Brian came over this morning (after spending the night in town) so that they could pick up Drewbaby and take him north with them.

This was the perfect excuse to also send some other random stuff north, and [censored] seized the opportunity. When it was time for the family to leave, I drove [censored] into town, where we met Aunt B/Uncle B/Drew B so that we could unload some things and load some other things. [censored] has made some great progress dealing with the hoard that he has acquired, and he took advantage of Aunt B's truck and Drewbaby's destination to get rid of a 50+ year old bicycle that used to belong to Uncle Mark. It's unlikely that Uncle Mark will ride it again, but if he does, I definitely want pics.

sssanyway. After that saga (in which Aunt B rescued a small stepstool whose name was apparently 'Benchy', although Benchy has seen better days and needs serious refinishing to fit in with her current decor), my aunt, uncle, and cousin headed toward Des Moines, and I came home and was lazy most of the rest of the day. I took a nice nap, did a bit of work (personal work, not day job work), talked to my mom, ate, and generally did very little. We ended up playing Ticket to Ride: Europe tonight, which [censored] won, which was unfortunate (I mean, I'm happy, I guess).

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: