Sunday, December 02, 2018

we'll give ourselves new names, identities erased

Today started too early for my tastes, since I got up at 6:15, but I succeeded in going back to sleep for almost an hour, which probably saved my life. I then spent the morning taking care of business before going to Denver and meeting Katie for lunch. We went to The Universal, which I've gone to with her before - it's really delightful. We had to wait ten minutes or so for a table, but that wasn't bad for that particular establishment. I had pork green chile on grits with poached eggs, and it was insanely good - so insanely good that I was tempted to gorge in it long after I was full just because the taste was incredible.

Of course, the company was incredible too, even if we had many things to talk about, not all of which were pleasant. We also drove by a house I've had my eye on - I'm pretty sure I want to buy in Denver, but this is the first time I've actually driven by a house. The houses in that neighborhood are all insanely close together, so close that I almost wonder if I'd be better off buying a new townhouse with a soundproofed shared wall, rather than a Victorian with less than a foot between the eaves of it and the house next to it. But while the lots are tight, there are backyards behind them, and the neighborhood (which is where Katie lives) is very walkable and not too bad of a commute from Boulder.

We shall see, we shall see. When we were done, I dropped Katie off at a Christmas market downtown - I would have gone, but I wanted to get home and take care of stuff. So I came home, did some tings, and called my parents (and found out some sad news - the wife of the guy who built their house died relatively suddenly of metastatic lung cancer, which was a shock since they'd been over there for dinner in September and she wasn't sick then). Then I did some more tings, including laundry, and also did a bit of day job work while watching TV (I tried to avoid the Garth Brooks concert, but I didn't completely succeed). And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: